Wednesday, January 12, 2011

One On One With Aaron Redpath

Aaron Redpath
6'4
SG
GR. 12r
J Clarke Richardson Ajax
Committed: Undecided

Q. What is it about basketball that motivates you?
A. Since I was young I always had a passion for the game of basketball. Whenever I thought about my future, basketball was always in the picture. Nothing in basketball is ever guaranteed but I realize the amount of work I put in, is completely in my control. I know what I want and I know the hard work that it requires. That's my motivation.

Q. Who is your favourite NBA Team and Player?
A. My favourite NBA team is the Miami Heat and Steph Curry is my favourite player.

Q. What's your best basketball memory?
A. My best basketball memory is scoring 73 points in a single elementary school game.

Q. What is your worst?
A. My worst basketball memory would have to be losing in the 2010 OFSAA Quarter-Finals in overtime to Oakwood.

Q. What's your greatest accomplishment so far with basketball?
A. My greatest accomplishment so far with basketball is being invited to the Team Canada workouts and connecting with a lot of coaches who have been to different places with basketball.

Q. Who is the most influential person you know?
A. The most influential person I know has gotta be my Dad.

Q. What's the plan for next year?
A. I have looks from D1 schools and CIS schools so right now I am still exploring all my options. I have a couple offers that look promising but I'm not going to rush into making any decisions, so as of now I am still undecided.

Q. What do you want Ontario High school basketball to remember you for?
A. I want to be remembered for being that scoring force that my opponents always had to worry about stopping. I want to be the player that opposing coaches had at the top of their scouting reports and planned their defences around containing. Most importantly though I want to be remembered as a key component of J. Clarke's first OFSAA Championship.

No comments:

Post a Comment